Head of Engineering / Technology
Bizuma is seeking a Head of Engineering to lead a highly talented global Engineering organization through a period of rapid growth and positive market momentum. The Head of Engineering will be responsible for the development, test and continuous delivery of Bizuma’s cloud based e-commerce platform.
The successful individual must enjoy delivering product on a continuous basis. The individual must promote a culture of respect, empowerment and accountability across all parts of the organization. He/she must have experience with lean and agile processes and be able to work as a coach for the rest of the organization. The person must have the organizational skills to manage and grow an organization of about 100 engineers primarily across two offices (US and Europe). The individual must have sufficient technical expertise and aptitude to go sufficiently deep into the product to be able to lead the team through product trade off discussions.
The role requires physical presence in our two primary engineering locations (one in US and the other in Europe) and about a 20% presence in the remote office, at least for the first year.
- Lead and the engineering team responsible for product development, testing and continuous delivery of the e-commerce platform.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering leadership on product. roadmap definition, and work with the teams to deliver the product as per defined roadmap.
- Continually improve and optimize the product development process currently in place.
- Enable the organization to scale by developing leaders within the organization.
- Take responsibility for hiring, retention, and performance management.
- Help set the technical direction for the team and the evolution of the architecture
- Partner cross-organizationally to understand and execute based on customer and market requirements.
- Develop and execute the organization budget.
- Create visibility of projects, progress and challenges, within and outside the engineering organization.
- Manage the overall health of the software platform in a range of situations including normal functioning, customer escalations and crisis management.
- A seasoned engineering leader in a company practicing continuous delivery with a SaaS product or platform.
- Experience with high performance cloud based products, with a focus on mission critical systems.
- Demonstrable skills and experience as an agile player-coach in a large and multi site organization.
- 5+ years of software development experience and 7+ years in senior engineering management.
- The ability to understand complex scale problems while maintaining a pragmatic product orientation.
- Strong track record of successful collaboration with product management in an Agile environment.
- Superior organizational and planning skills, excellent written/verbal presentation and listening skills, and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear, confident and concise manner.
- Proven, solid decision-making processes in a fast-moving environment, balancing principles and data along with judgment and experience.
- Strong track record of reliable delivery of high quality products.